Saturday, March 13, 2010

Genealogy - Do you have a grandmother grandmother?

When I was a child, my maternal grandmother lived with us until the death of a brain haemorrhage in 1940. He was born in South Wales and was so small when she was born, in a sugar bowl and fed with an eyedropper. The doctor said he did not want to live, but was soon promoted to a shoe box and grew to a height of four feet two inches.

When I was a kid, I always thought it was so small, because they are so young. As a child, she did not dawn on me thathis sister, who looked like her twin sister, was only the youngest, and she had a normal delivery, for all I know.

My grandmother learned English to read to their age, and helped me with words. He had lived in Utah since he was a young woman and had survived three husbands, lived with us at home. Her first husband died in Scofield, Utah mine explosion with about 250 other unfortunate souls. His name was George Martin, and he had two children before his death in 1900.

MyGrandmother's second husband was George Taylor, of which I, my middle name (or my name when I write, like Taylor Jones the Hack) Writer. Like Martin, he was a miner. My grandmother last man named Burton, and he was retired and died before I was born, so do not know what he was earning for his livelihood.

My grandmother was the eldest son, Dave Martin and fought in the First World War. The First World War was the first world war, when phosgene and mustard gas were used to hurt Facts.

We use the children to the grandmother Martin Taylor Burton eat breakfast every morning. He always cooked two breakfasts, because children love to cook what they cook best that could, themselves.

I remember the day my grandmother died and I remember snore their terrible death while they were standing on The Great Beyond. I was eight.

So I know something about my grandmother. I was not sure how the year of his death, so I went http://historyresearch.utah.> Gov / index / entry and Burton, Mary Emily Taylor in the search box, and in 1940 appeared.

This is called genealogical research.

I do not know anything about my four great-grandfather. If my grandmothers, they said, can not remember the details.

What would happen if I find them?

I could do it?

I managed to census records, records of marriage, in search of death records, immigration records and family documents.

That was a lot of work would be, right?

Well, let me tell you,What's going on. Instead of condemning the old microfilm records, are the old records are indexed. In this way you can find your ancestors, to search quickly using a simple computer.

For example, I went to familysearch.org and Mary Emily Taylor Burton typed. There was a lot of voices, and I found it particularly, so I cheated. I appeared on behalf of my father and your information. I clicked on "Family Tree" and then click the name of my mother.This brings me to the family tree of my mother and I quickly learned how to learn the name of my great-grandmother and if I catch around Cornwall, England was the place of their birth, North Wales. Her husband was the Welsh Glamorganshire.

If records have been indexed, it is much easier to do genealogical research. Many old records were microfilmed several years ago. Now you can help index the records. A few weeks ago I started indexing of census records, 1900. INow record this index for the states of Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky and Tennessee.

To start the index, go familysearchindexing.org. Follow the simple instructions. Note that it is necessary to download the software if you do) Java Script on your computer (like most people. You can quickly download the Java script on http://java.com/en/ if so, how you want go. Unless you want to be downloaded with Java software.

The indexing of a Census Recordseasy if you can read the Scriptures. There are many sites on the Internet that shows the ancient writing. An example is sullivanpress.com / Spencerian.htm I printed the alphabet and use it as a guide when working on the 1900 census

Back to the index, is taking information from a census record and put it into a table. First, look at the top right of the record of the census for a large letter "A" or "B". This is only the first field in the table (and allDown the table in the first column).

Search right now for a number sheet below where is the letter. That in the second column is all the way down to go to the page.

Now you are ready for indexing.

Enter the following information will be in every record: A or B, the number of leaves (as soon as we return along the card table), the number of households, last name, first name and first or second names, titles (Jr., Sr. . The prince, colonel, etc.), head (relationship, wife, sister, son, cousin, Border agents, etc.), race, sex, birth month and year of birth, marital status, years of marriage, children, children who live full, place of birth, place of birth of father, birth mother , who emigrated years. You may notice the professions, but has a career in the pot.

Now press TAB until you do the next issue and the family.

There are 50 records in a page. If a field is required (one white with *), use the "empty" button. If an entire> Record (blank line), use the line "empty" button. If a room is not readable, use the "U", the button and when the whole line is illegible, the U-line "button.

How do I index the census of 1900, I see the difficulties faced by some families. Many children died of disease, the young mother probably died in childbirth. Children have died in other ways, some probably in the civil war. Some families have adopted or stepchildren from his second marriage. I had a recordwas an institution in which families that lists the prisoners, including young children. I wondered what might lie an entire family in prison? Do you know?

As the writer Hack back, as I do the human experience. Although I never like to take a census.

Now, sitting, not only there. Start indexing. It's fun.

The End

Copyright © 2007 John T. Jones, Ph.D. (Taylor Jones the Hack Writer)

No comments:

Post a Comment